Friday, March 13, 2009

No contact is good contact

Ending my week with L, and it's been pretty great. He was sick when I got him Friday, and as I wrote before, he was back on track sat, recovered Sunday.

But holy, was "he's doing fine, I'm taking care of it" enough for "ex"? No. Got contstant texts and emails demanding to know what was happening at every step of the way. Well that's fine and dandy for her to want to know what's going on, what more can I provide as an update? Sorry, but I'll let you know if things are bad. If I tell you things are better and I'm taking care of him, leave me to it.

What's worse was her telling me what I had to do through this. That shit just won't fly, and I asked to be left alone to enjoy my time with him. If you can't allow me to parent our child we've got way bigger problems that L having a flu :( I think the point was finaly understood, and had a peaceful rest of the week.

L's saying so many words now! I still love the simple ones of 'hi' and 'bye' to people, but it's so cool to see him try and repeat words you've just said. Daycare lady has him calling me papa, because she's spanish, but I keep trying to get him to use daddy. It's hard when she gets to be around him so much more than I do. And the language barrier. I know I'm going to have to learn a bit of spanish, if only to be able to keep up with liam. I found some spanish fisher price movies for him too.

I can't believe how scared of the vacuum he is! Even around the little handheld, he instantly cringes. I had to do a little cleaning and only way was to hold him in one arm while the other pushed around the vacuum. L was fists clenched and terrified, but made it through. I thought kids loved things like that, and would try and push it around themselves..? Ah, little shy guy.

Today I only get to see him for a little bit in the 'after daycare, before trade off' time, but still looking forward. He's always really chatty when I first get him.

As much as I'll miss him, can't wait to blow off some steam this weekend. Much needed after feeling sick this last while!

-- Posted From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment